BAE Systems is looking for a highly motivated junior cross domain solutions engineer. The Cross Domain Engineer position entails working with the business in obtaining technical requirements and designing network security solutions to meet their needs along with installing and maintaining the enterprise or tactical cross domain solutions across the customer infrastructure. The Security Professional will be responsible for and expected to plan, engineer, configure, implement, and troubleshoot security infrastructure necessary to secure large, complex enterprise networks. In addition, the Network Security Engineer provides day to day support of network-based hardware and software, implementation plans for these items, the ability to take the lead or supporting role on special projects as assigned. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to maintaining, upgrading, monitoring and tuning the LAN/WAN security environment. This job is both network security and customer domain/program focused. The candidate must also be able to obtain a DoD clearance as well.
- Install, maintain, and creatively design demonstration capabilities in support of the Cross Domain Sales Team.
- Demonstrate and maintain multiple Diode, XTS, and SIBA units in addition to any other products inherited into the CDS portfolio.
- Design network/system diagrams and technical writing for proposals to customers
- Train others (engineering and sales) on how to perform and maintain demonstration systems
- Provide technical support for sales team and customers for pre-sales activities
- 25% travel to customer sites for product demonstrations
- Provide integration and product support to Canadian resellers
- Provide insight on developing trends in the market and customer feedback to product line managers for product development
- Listen to customer requirements and design a solution to meet their needs
- Knowledge of solution components pricing and quoting as backup to sales team
- Keep CRM database up to date with customer development
- Working knowledge of security processes and documentation i.e. ICD-503 and DSAWG. Provide solutions to customer that meat industry standards
- Construct and test systems that have been purchased by customers
- Provide onsite integration and training to customers who purchase a system
- Provide technical and leadership support to Engineering Team
- Provide technical support to customers via phone, in-person, or email.
- Attend training sessions to stay current on CDS Portfolio Systems
- Perform system testing and trouble shooting to provide post-sales support to customers.
- Assist engineering team in scripting, virtualization, and documentation
Required Skills and Education
Administrative (installation and configuration) knowledge of the following systems, applications, and protocols
- Understand OSI model
- Windows Server 2003/2008
- Red Hat Enterprise 5/6 in addition to Fedora and CentOS
- Virtualization - VM Ware Player, Workstation, ESXi
- Using and creating Domain Controllers and Active Directory
- Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010 and SMTP connectors
- Windows and Linux backup and recovery
- Knowledge of computer hardware
- Anti-Virus engines: Symantec, McAfee, and Sophos
- Understand network topology, LAN/WAN features and architectures
- Understand switches, routers, firewalls and basic security principles
Preferred Skills and Education
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cyber Security and enterprise Cyber Security solutions.
- Understanding of fundamental cloud computing concepts.
- Experience with Information Assurance concepts and processes within the Federal government.
- Knowledge of and experience with Federal security regulations, standards, and processes
- CISSP, CEH, COMP TIA, Network + certs are a big plus.