About the Role:
CrowdStrike is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing Engine and Content Development (ECD) team, with a focus on cloud-side development. The Engine and Content Development team is a central part of CrowdStrike’s mission - “We Stop Breaches." In ECD, we implement strategies and processes that detect suspicious or malicious behavior. Our goal is to automatically stop the bad guys where possible, and to provide useful visibility and guidance to security analysts when new previously unknown adversary activity occurs. We research attacker behavior to understand their tools and techniques, and we build capabilities to detect and prevent malicious activity. Our detection strategies are often performed directly on the endpoint, but are also executed in cloud and may utilize a hybrid strategy combining aspects of both environments. This ability to leverage a variety of tools across the CrowdStrike stack allow us to accomplish our detection goals while balancing local resource utilization and false positives for our customers.
As an engineer in the ECD team, you’ll help ensure that our cloud environment does its job in protecting customers from breaches. Today, that means supporting millions of events per second, and storing and processing terabytes of data. We’re not slowing down, and tomorrow’s challenges will be even bigger. You’ll be thinking about how to build high-quality systems that scale cleanly and reliably, and then implementing those ideas primarily in Go (and also some Python). Prior experience with Go is not required, but will be helpful. Mainly, we're looking for smart people who want to be challenged and take ownership of what they build.
- Leverage and build cloud based systems to detect targeted attacks and automate cyber threat intelligence production at a global scale.
- Brainstorm, define, and build collaboratively with members across multiple teams.
- Build elegant solutions for complex technical problems in Go and Python that are unit tested, code reviewed, and building in continuous integration.
- Read code in the various programming languages in use in our environment (Go, Scala, Python, C++, unix shell, among others).
- Obsess about learning, and champion the newest technologies & tricks with others, raising the technical IQ of the team.
- Deliver and accept feedback with grace and courtesy.
- Leverage your understanding of engineering best practices, including topics like appropriate testing paradigms, effective peer code reviews, logging, and resilient architecture patterns, to ensure that our code is clean and performant.
- A computer science degree or equivalent experience (programming styles, data structures, algorithms, distributed systems, etc.)
- 3+ years of experience building and scaling cloud-based back-end systems in production.
- Team player skills – we embrace collaborating as a team as much as possible.
- Deep understanding of distributed systems and scalability challenges.
- Experience with any of the following languages: Go, Scala, Python, Java, or C#.
- Experience developing and deploying into linux-based cloud environments.
- Computer and/or network security experience.
- Prior implementation experience with Go, Scala, and Python.
- Prior experience working within scalable micro-services architectures utilizing REST and gRPC interfaces.
- Prior experience with cloud services, such as AWS or Azure, particularly compute and storage offerings.
- Prior experience with containerization and container orchestration technologies such as docker, kubernetes, and spinnaker.
- Prior exposure to Cassandra, Kafka, ElasticSearch, Redis, and/or Hadoop.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
- Market leader in compensation and equity awards
- Competitive vacation policy
- Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan
- Paid parental leave, including adoption
- Flexible work environment
- Wellness programs
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats