As a CTI analyst in the Cyber Threat Intelligence team in Cyber Defense, the candidate will identify, research, and report on emerging threats to EY to strategically shape and guide the approach the firm takes to protect its people and assets. The position offers a unique opportunity to inform and influence leadership with creative, thought provoking approaches to detect and defeat complex threats facing the firm. This position requires a balance of traditional analytical skills and developing technical skills to encourage the greatest potential for success for the candidate and the team.
Your key responsibilities
This role will be responsible for providing analytic expertise and critical feedback on team reporting to assure proper analytical tradecraft is applied. The analyst will conduct independent collection, analysis, and production of finished Cyber Threat Intelligence in support of EY Cyber Defense, EY Technology, and additional lines of business. CTI analysts maintain awareness of the global threat landscape to influence a strong EY security posture. The CTI analyst will review open source, third-party, and proprietary threat information and enrich it with contextual analysis that will result in finished strategic intelligence. Significant time will be spent conducting strategic, predictive analysis around emerging trends and threat actor developments to aid senior decision makers.
Skills and attributes for success
- Strong technical writing skills
- Extensive experience with analytical tradecraft
- Thorough understanding of cybersecurity principles
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerBI
- Expert use of estimative language
- Attention to detail
- Proofreading skills
- Critical thinking skills
To qualify for the role you must have
- 7+ years of intelligence community experience collecting, analysing, proofing, and/or producing intelligence OR
- 5+ years producing written products in a security related discipline.
- A background in international relations with an emphasis in global economics.
- Extensive experience conveying complex information in simple, succinct explanations.
- Proven experience reviewing large data sets such as Intelligence Information Report repositories and enterprise-wide metrics to derive analytical conclusions.
- A thorough understanding of the intelligence lifecycle.
- An expert understanding of analytical bias.
- An interest in conducting detailed trend analysis.
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in Cyber Threat Intelligence.
- Experience in Information Security.
- Experience as a Reports Officer, Intelligence Officer, or Intelligence Analyst.
- Exposure and understanding of the Diamond Threat Model.
What we look for
We are looking for an experienced, self-driven analyst that can operate independently and improve the team as a whole. The ideal candidate will seek to improve others while continuously learning and identifying ways to strengthen the team’s analytical tradecraft and advance our Cyber Threat Intelligence Program.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around.
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career.
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you.