Remote Cloud Security Engineer
Remote Cloud Security Engineer
Job Description Summary
General Electric (GE) Gas Power is seeking a motivated Staff Cloud Security Engineer responsible for strategic technical development, Including cloud security automation capabilities in AWS and Azure. The successful candidate will have strong problem-solving, time management and analytical skills. As part of the GE Cybersecurity team, a curiosity to learn combined with a builder-attitude will be critical in our mission to address evolving threats and protect company information and resources.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Design, build and implement enterprise cyber technology for production environments
- Align technical risk management standards, frameworks and policy with overall GE Gas Power business and digital requirements.
- Drive efforts with program application leads and stakeholders to architect Cloud solutions using tools and services aligned to standards and secure design patterns.
- Design and implement automated security controls to proactively enforce Security, Risk and Compliance standards for applications.
- Develop libraries of common secure patterns for deploying cloud infrastructure and applications, including applications provided by GE Infrastructure as a Service providers
- Provide mechanism to demonstrate consistent application of controls and configurations, including creation of real-time tool providing across GE Power cloud accounts.
- Engineer secure technology solutions that promote adoption of SecDevOps and Cloud services (IaaS, PaaS & SaaS).
- Understand current and evolving threats for Cloud, including mitigation tools and techniques.
- Research, recommend and implement controls for developing technology such as container orchestration, machine learning and serverless technologies.
- Apply native cloud service provider security and monitoring services in the cloud, including network access controls, encryption, alerting and secrets management.
- Identify security design gaps in existing and proposed architectures and recommend and deploy changes and enhancements
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems (IS), Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience architecting secure Cloud platforms (AWS or Azure);
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with programming or scripting languages;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with Cloud automation capabilities
Eligibility Requirements: (Country Specific)
- United States (Gas Power locations preferred) & Remote
- Experience reviewing and understanding cloud architecture and security best practices.
- Highly technical, eager to learn with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Cloud provider security architecture design patterns.
- Experience performing design reviews to assess security risk for application architecture or introduction of new cloud services.
- Associate or Professional-level Cloud certification(s).
- Knowledge of IT service management and cybersecurity processes including change management, incident management, configuration management, threat and vulnerability management.
- Knowledge of current programming language, source code management and related technology to evaluate infrastructure as code safeguards
- Strategic thinker, with experience planning and executing multiyear application security roadmaps
- Ability to define program KPIs and metrics
- Advanced degree In Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Experience leveraging agile methods within development and project efforts
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No
We are passionate about creating an inclusive work environment. By valuing the ideas and contributions of a diverse workforce we help inspire others to grow, succeed, and raise the bar for everyone. Join us at GE Gas Power, where results can be achieved by embracing a community of belonging.
GE Gas Power engineers cleaner, more accessible energy that people depend on, powering growth and prosperity for people everywhere. Our leading technologies produce a third of the world’s electricity thanks to our talented people, who make gas work for our customers, stakeholders and the world. Through relentless innovation and continuous partnership with our customers, we are building the energy technologies of the future and providing the cleaner, more efficient power people depend on today.
After clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Cyberlinx and go to the job application page (outside the site) for that company. Cyberlinx accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on their (external sites) or here. Cyberlinx does not own the logos from employers or jobs posts