Cybersecurity Intern - Summer
Cybersecurity Intern - Summer
Chevy Chase, MD
During your paid 10-week internship, you will:
- Have the unique opportunity to utilize your skills through individual assignments and team projects
- Work on systems that defend GEICO, attend meetings, and give presentations to senior management
- Receive mentoring and coaching from members of Cybersecurity management
- Interact with associates at all levels of our cybersecurity organization-even our CISO!
- Develop your technical, project management, communication, and leadership skills
GEICO's Cybersecurity teams have positioned our company as a leader amongst its peers in the Cybersecurity space. Being a summer intern at GEICO has the potential to lead to a full-time IT career upon graduation.
Check out this video to see what it's like: GEICO’s IT Internship.
Required Candidate Qualifications
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Information Security, Cybersecurity, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Business Information Technology, Information Systems, or a related major
- Current junior or senior status (i.e., class of December 2020 or May 2021)
- GPA of at least a 3.0 both overall and in major
- Coursework or related work/internship experience using various Cybersecurity technologies. Experience with programming and scripting languages like Python, Bash, Java, .NET, or C# technologies with well-rounded experiences outside of the classroom
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and communication skills
- Preferred candidates will have demonstrated leadership potential
- Ability to live and work in the Washington DC area
For more than 75 years, GEICO has stood out from the rest of the insurance industry! We are one of the nation's largest and fastest-growing auto insurers thanks to our low rates, outstanding service and clever marketing. We're an industry leader employing thousands of dedicated and hard-working associates. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, we offer associates training and career advancement in a financially stable and rewarding workplace.
Our associates' quality of life is important to us. Full-time GEICO associates are offered a comprehensive Total Rewards Program*, including:
- 401(k) and profit-sharing plans
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and leave programs
- Tuition reimbursement
- Associate assistance program
- Flexible spending accounts
- Business casual dress
- Fitness and dining facilities (at most locations)
- Associate clubs and sports teams
- Volunteer opportunities
- GEICO Federal Credit Union
* Benefit offerings for positions other than full-time may vary.
GEICO is an equal opportunity employer. GEICO conducts drug screens and background checks on applicants who accept employment offers.
After clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Cyberlinx and go to the job application page (outside the site) for that company. Cyberlinx accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on their (external sites) or here. Cyberlinx does not own the logos from employers or jobs posts