IT Audit Associate - NYC
Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. We’ve never been a typical professional services firm. We put people first, and that is what sets us apart.
As one of the fastest-growing professional services firms in the world, Grant Thornton LLP is continuously seeking top talent. Discover a place where you’ll work with a team of professionals dedicated to providing bold leadership and distinctive client service. Spend each day engaged in meaningful and challenging work. Be supported in your professional growth and recognized for your contributions.
An IT Assurance Associate is responsible for delivering a full range of IT audit services to our clients. Responsibilities include testing and assessment of information systems control review engagements in support of financial statement audits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluate and test IT controls and identify areas of risk.
- Apply current knowledge of IT trends and systems processes to identify security and risk management issues, as well as other opportunities for overall process improvement.
- Maintain professionalism and rapport with the client. Proactively interact with key client management to manage expectations, help ensure client satisfaction, meet client deadlines, and resolve any problems.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of assigned client operations, processes and business objectives, and then utilize that knowledge on assigned engagements.
- Participate in recruiting efforts as needed.
- Meet or exceed IT Assurance metrics (e.g. – billable hours, CPE, time delinquencies, etc…)
- Participate in other business development activities as appropriate
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, MIS or related field. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- Desire to pursue CPA, CISA, CISSP, CIA or CISM license/certification.
- Some related work experience in public accounting or equivalent delivering controls based services, auditing Information Technology General Controls (ITGC’s.) in support of financial statement audits to cross-industry clients and technologies. An understanding of generally accepted practices for testing Key Reports, and Application Controls a plus.
- Information Security experience or information security training is required.
- Exceptional client service and communication skills.
- Strong technical aptitude and problem solving skills
- Excellent analytical, communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Effective project and time management skills for handling multiple priorities and simultaneous projects
- Enthusiasm to learn through a combination of structured, on-the-job and self-directed training
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively in a complex team environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office suite applications.
- Ability to work additional hours and/or travel as needed.
After clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Cyberlinx and go to the job application page (outside the site) for that company. Cyberlinx accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on their (external sites) or here. Cyberlinx does not own the logos from employers or jobs posts