Lockheed Martin in Colorado is seeking a Cyber Systems Security Engineer to work on the cutting edge Next Gen OPIR Program.
• Responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify Cyber solutions across the lifecycle.
• Conduct cyber assessment activities including threat modeling, analysis and analysis of mitigation solutions.
• Employ cyber security processes, methods, techniques and tools and assure their consistent application.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space.
• Interact with users and evaluate vendor products.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery.
• Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
• Configure and manage Linux and Windows operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configure network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
• Implement knowledge of DoD network security requirements such as SRG and STIGs.
• Implement knowledge of Enterprise network architecture, network protocols, and information technology.
• Perform monitoring and management of networks, workgroup servers, and clients.
The team appreciates and applies Agile development principles. Innovation and creative thinking is highly valued as is leadership and self-motivation. Keeping up with the latest methods, tools, and technologies is important to their success and as such most projects target the latest embedded devices on the market. Training opportunities are often made available.
Boulder, Colorado is located near the front range of the Rocky Mountains. The area is known for its 300 days of sunshine, thriving cultural scene, and natural beauty. The area offers nearly endless opportunities for nearby snow skiing, hiking, and nature viewing.
• DoD 8570 experience.
• Strong working knowledge of Linux administration.
• Prior or current system administrator experience of both Windows and Linux based environments.
• Detailed knowledge of Windows server setup, deployment, and maintenance.
• Ability to create scripts in Bash, Python, PowerShell and/or similar languages.
• Experience with patch management, and networks including LAN and WAN.
• Knowledge of network security systems and data backup.
• Network administration experience (e.g. domain controller and simple network configurations).
• Account Maintenance and Single Sign on (SSO) across Windows and Linux systems (Account creation/management with Active Directory).
• Previous experience with JSIG principles and implementation.
• Configuration Management environments utilizing technologies such as Puppet, Ansible, Chef, etc.
• Previous experience using and administering Atlassian tools: Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, etc.
• Familiarity with Continuous Integration technologies and implementation.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
•Paid time off
•25 three-day weekends
•Rewards & recognition