Security Operations Center Analyst
Security Operations Center Analyst
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is actively seeking a junior-level SOC Analyst to fill a role that requires a broad array of knowledge and skills working with team members to support a Cyber Security program based in Tampa, FL.
We're looking for a highly motivated individual with an impeccable work ethic and a strong ability to work in a collaborative fast-moving dynamic team environment. The primary team is located in Tampa, Florida with distributed team members embedded directly with the customer.
Currently, we are looking for a highly motivated problem solver to act as a network forensic analyst and incident responder to process and mitigate threat activity as part of a high-performing, high-profile team of information security professionals. Adaptability, creativity, a commitment to mission, self-direction, and strong written/verbal communications skills are essential. The candidate will collaborate daily with various team members and analysts to coordinate a multi-tiered approach to incident mitigation which will result in the denial of current and future adversary actions. The person chosen for this position will be tasked with identifying and countering sophisticated and varying information security and cyber threats across multiple networks.
In this position you will be responsible for:
Analytical triage and prioritization of concurrent incidents, host and network based log analysis, correlation of network indicators and PCAP data, incident timeline generation, and root cause analysis. The incumbent will be required to independently generate customized scripts to facilitate his/her analysis and prepare detailed written analyses of incidents. Additionally, they will often be required to brief their findings to both technical and non-technical senior management audiences.
- US Citizenship is required with an active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance which was active in the last 24 months
- Must possess or be able to obtain DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level II or higher within two (2) months of starting
- Typical Minimum Education / Experience for Cyber Info Assurance Analyst: 2 Years with Bachelors in Science; 0 Years with Masters; NOTE: Four (6) years of additional experience can be substituted in lieu of degree
- DoD 8570 Certification for IAT Level III
- 2 years of cyber threat analysis experience
- Minimum of 1 year of experience with Python, Perl or other scripting language
- Minimum of 1 year of experience conducting analysis of log data in support of intrusion analysis or information security operations
- Experience with two or more analysis tools used in a CIRT or similar investigative environment
- Able to prepare and analyze data and figures
- Functional experience working with military service-level security authorities (ex. ISSO, ISSM, SCA, DAA)
- Recent military experience or familiarity with DOD
- Previous experience utilizing secure configuration guidance such as DISA STIGs
- Experience with Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS), Host Based Security System (HBSS), SolarWinds Log & Event manager (LEM), Splunk, and other enterprise security defense, forensic, and SIEM tools
- Experience with network security controls such as routers, switches, firewalls, intrusion management solutions, network access control, and related solutions
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems and applications
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Demonstrated success working individually or as part of a team requiring little supervision
- When required, have the ability to work outside of normal working hours and weekends as needed to support the customer’s needs
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
After clicking on the button to apply above, you will leave Cyberlinx and go to the job application page (outside the site) for that company. Cyberlinx accepts no liability or responsibility as a consequence of any reliance upon information on their (external sites) or here. Cyberlinx does not own the logos from employers or jobs posts