Job Description Summary:
The Intern will handle and support a variety of projects within the area they are assigned. Assignments can include working on supporting a variety of teams, assisting with projects which may include reporting, communication, and project rollout. This position will assist the Intern with developing a career in the area of focus, through on the job training that is aligned with applicant’s skills and interests.
Job Responsibilities (listed in order of importance and/or time spent)
- Assist or lead on a range of tasks or a small project ensuring deadlines and priorities are met
- Assist the team with research on existing and potential new projects
- Provide assessment of project rollouts, outlining areas of success or concern, identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Research applicable alternative solutions to assigned projects or applications
- Carry out a range of tasks as allocated by the Manager/Team Supervisor
- Assist in the production and delivery of a range of written correspondence including reports and presentations
Does this position have supervisory responsibilities? (i.e. hiring, recommending/approving promotions and pay increases, scheduling, performance reviews, discipline, etc.) Yes
Basic Education and/or Experience Requirements
- Must be a rising college junior, senior or current graduate student with a focus on the area of the organization the position is offered
- Must have interest in one of the following: Communications, Marketing, Information Technology, Marketing, Microsoft Office, SharePoint
- Ability to work flexibly as part of a team, providing cover when needed to ensure continuity of service.
- Ability to prioritize workload in order to meet objectives and project deadlines on time, and on a continuous basis
- Ability to demonstrate a confident and engaging communication style - both written and oral. And ability to build good and productive relationships across the team and with other key stakeholders, including senior managers
- Demonstrate ability to appropriately analyze, interpret, and discuss low to moderately complex issues
- Customer oriented along with the ability to work well in a team setting
Travel Requirements: (if required) None
Preferred Qualifications & Interests (PQIs) None